Fashy is a Blog and Portfolio WordPress Theme, suited for users who want to run a professional or personal blog and wants to showcase your products, services or news with a unique looking website.
Theme uses a layout that is a bit different then in most themes. You can choose to have either a left or right layout.
Slideshows are a unique part of the theme and were inspired by a great site for tutorials called Tympanus. You can see the original slideshow here. A big thanks to them for some piece of really great work!
The Theme comes with a plethora of options so you can modify layout, styling, colors and fonts directly from within the backend. You can choose any color you want to be the Theme’s leading color (you can see 8 examples in our preview). You will notice the horizontal borders in the header and slideshows. You can turn them on or off in the backend. We used widget lines under the titles in the sidebar. These can also be turned on and off in the backend to give you full control over these features.
The theme allows you to change all the main colors of the Theme (background color for titles, color of title fonts, color of hover elements, color of shadow used on text) along with the background. This means that you can change all the colors and looks of the theme with just a few clicks.
The greatest feature on the home page is the recent posts / portfolio section. It will allow you to add several posts and portfolio projects to the front page in a unique way. It is designed so your visitors can see the description and images from the post on the fly without leaving the front page. Be sure to click on the posts to see this great feature in full. You can set the number of posts in the Theme’s administration.
Fashy WordPress Theme Features
- 3 built in sliders (Slideshow with thumbs, simple Nivo and advanced Nivo with Thumbs)
- left or right layout
- 4 custom Widgets
- Google Web Fonts
- Unique Recent Posts / Portfolio Items widget on the front page
- WordPress 3 Ready
- Video, Gallery and Link Posts Templates (3.3 WordPress Feature) browser!
- CSS3 Features and Animations
- Detailed written help file
- +30 shorcodes with easy shortcode generator.
- Use your custom logo and favicon icon.
- 3 home page layouts (fullscreen & composition).
- 3 portfolio page layouts (2,3,4 columns)
- 10 Home Page Templates
- 4 Post Templates (Standard, video, link, gallery)
- Filterable portfolio items.
HOW TO REGISTER ON OUR SUPPORT FORUMS
Support is handled via our Envato support forum. It is designed in a way so only Envato users that have bought some of our plugins or Themes can register. You have to use the purchase code in the process. This has been causing some problems so please check the screenshots below to see where to get the purchase code.
Click on the image for a larger preview!
After you click on the License Certificate you will then be able to see the code in the file which will look like in the screenshot below:
First you need to install WordPress on your server.
INSTALL WORDPRESS ON YOUR SERVER
You will need to do a WordPress installation on your server. There are several ways of doing this. Probably the easiest way is the following:
- Download the WordPress installation files here http://wordpress.org/download/
- Extract the files to a directory on your server using a ftp program. Example: http://yourserver/wordpress
- Next, just type the path to this folder into your browser url bar. Example: http://yourserver/wordpress
- Follow the on screen instructions until you have fully installed WordPress on your server (you will need your server sql login data)
- You can find more information and guides on WordPress installation here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
INSTALL FASHY WORDPRESS THEME
There are two ways of installing the Theme for your WordPress installation.
INSTALLATION VIA FTP
Extract the themeforest package you recieved to any folder on your harddrive. The archive contains several folders. You will need to copy the “radial” folder which contains the theme data to your wordpress installations theme folder on your server. Example of a destination folder: http://yourserver/wordpress/wp-content/themes/. The resulting file structure will look like this: http://yourserver/wordpress/wp-content/themes/radial/. Next go to your WordPress installation admin panel to appearence/themes. You will see the radial theme listed along with other themes. Press Activate and the theme will be active in a moment.
INSTALLATION DIRECTLY FROM YOUR WORDPRESS INSTALLATION
Go to Appearance/Themes and click on the tab Install Themes. Now click on the upload button and choose the zip called Radial.zip. After the Theme uploads to the server simply click on Activate and your brand new theme will be ready to use.
IMPORTING DEMO CONTENT
We have prepared a XML file with demo content to help you get started with the Theme. Unzip the file called Fashy.zip and look for directory called demoContent which contains a XML file radial.xml. Now go to Tools -> Import and select WordPress. You will be propmted to install a plugin. After the plugin is installed simply select the XML file from your computer and you are done.
SETTING UP THE HOME PAGE
First you will have to select which page is the front page. Go to Settings / Reading and check the Static Page Tab. Then select the home page you wish to have ( 3 layouts with Thumb Slideshow, 3 layouts with simple Nivo, 3 layouts with Nivo with Thumbs and front Page with recent Posts). So the procedure should be:
1. First add a page (Pages / Add New) and choose the appropriate Template
2. Go to Settings / Reading and add the Static Page Tab that you just created
SETTING UP PORTFOLIO ITEMS ON THE FRONT PAGE
- Go to portfolio -> Portfolio categories
- Add some Categories
- Add portfolio items (it is the same as adding posts) and set the featured image
- Add the page and set the portfolio as the template for the page (2 column portfolio, 3 column portfolio or 4 column portfolio)
SETTING UP THE NAVIGATION
When going to Appearance / Menus you will see the structure of the templates navigation. You can easily edit menu labels, and move them using drag and drop. On the left column you have the possibility to add menu items using “custom links”, “pages” or “categories”. The newly added item will appear at the bottom of the menu structure and can be moved to its desired location. Make sure to always save the menu after making changes.
SETTING UP POSTS (VIDEO, LINK, GALLERY)
Fashy supports the latest feature of WordPress that allows you to add specific posts that contain video, links or gallery. Videos and Gallery will appear on the front of the Blog page so visitors can run the video or look at the gallery without clicking on the post itself. Below are instructions of how to set it up:
Video Post - you have to add at the top of the post the following shortcode . The rest of the content is added in a standard way. Choose Video from the Format list on the right.
Link Post - you have to add at the top of the post the following shortcode [pmc_link]http://premiumcoding.com[/pmc_link]. The rest of the content is added in a standard way. Choose Link from the Format list on the right.
Gallery Post - Gallery is added via WordPress native media upload form. Simply add the images and then insert the gallery into the post. Choose Gallery from the Format list on the right.
Standard Post - Choose Standard from the Format list on the right and add the content.
SETTING UP PAGES (PORTFOLIOS, FULL WIDTH PAGES, CONTACT PAGE,…)
We have prepared several premade settings for manipulation with pages.
Portfolio Pages enable you to add different portfolios with a breeze. Just Add new Page and select which portfolio page you wish to create (2,3 or 4 columns) and publish the Page. Items that have been added to the portfolio will be populated automaticlly.
Contact Page is a simple page that will display your contact form. Just set the title and text and choose the template Contact sidebar.
Full Width Pages are pages that have no sidebar. You have 2 possibilites:
- Page full width with Nivo (page that looks like the front page with a nivo slider)
- Full width Page (a normal full width page)
Simply add the content and choose the appropriate template from a dropdown list.
Page with Sidebar is a page that looks similar to the blog post as it has a sidebar on the right. Add the content and choose the Page with Sidebar template.
You have several other layouts (the same that the ones for front page).
SETTING UP PORTFOLIO
Go to Portfolio and add the items / images. Now go to Pages / Add New Page and choose one of the portfolio templates (2 column, 3 column or 4 column). Publish the page and your portfolio is up and ready.
After installing the theme and loading the demo data you will find that one thing is still missing in the sidebars: widgets! Just go to Appearance / Widgets to get an overview of the standard widgets and the Radial theme custom widgets. On the right you will see 7 sidebar tabs, “Sidebar widget” which is shown in the blog and all pages with sidebars. Sidebar Portfolio Widget is a sidebar that will only be visible on portfolio Pages. Contact Widget is a sidebar that will only be visible on the Contact page Template. Other 4 widget sidebars are for footer that is split into 4 columns. These sidebars can be populated with widgets individually via dragging a widget to one of them.
The following widgets are available and specifically styled for the Radial theme:
- Fashy Twitter Widget - a unique twitter widget with a flying bird on hover effect. Just set the title and how many tweets should be displayed.
- Fashy Popular Posts - A popular post widget styled specificlly for both the sidebar and the footer. Just set the title and how many posts should be displayed.
- Tag Cloud - a widget that will display your tags, it has been designed to fit within the overall look of the theme. Just set the title and whether to show tags or categories.
- Fashy Recent Posts - A popular post widget styled specificlly for both the sidebar and the footer. Just set the title and how many posts should be displayed.
- Radial Archive, Links and Categories - widgets have been redesigned to fit with the overall design of the Theme.
Here you can set which elements should be displayed. You can choose between information text, featured items and recent portfolios / posts. Also select how many recent posts / portfolio items you wish to display on the front page. You will notice that you can set this for either just posts, just portfolio items or both at the same time. Settings will be valid automatically for each setting accordingly, based on which template for the front page you select.
HOME CONTENT SETTINGS
First tab in Theme settings enables/disables certain elements that are found on the front page of our Theme. Three main elements of the front page are featured boxes that contain your premium services or products, line for a quotation and recent posts from your blog. Simply check the ones that you wish to be displayed on the front page.
Next tab is used to set the content of the three elements described above.
Quote text is the text that is displayed just below the slideshow of the website. Simply enter any text that you want (for instance your latest news). If you wish to have several rotating words used like in the preview you need to add this text in the following manner:
ABOUT YOUR AMAZING NEW
Featured boxes are displayed just under the portfolio items and will allow you to post your premium products or services. All aspects of the box can be set from administration. You can set the title, content text, URL link and an image that can be uploaded via upload form. Set all four elements for each of the featured boxes.
There are only two elements that can be set in main settings. Upload your Logo and favicon. You can use the upload form or simply enter the URL to the image.
Styling options will allow you to add and edit your background and select the Theme’s leading color.
The most important setting in the styling area is the Theme’s leading color. This is the color that will consistently repeat throughout the whole Theme. Simply enter the color in hexadecimal format or select it with the color picker.
Color of Hover Elements is the color that will be used for hover on all elements (links, widget links,…). Simply enter the color in hexadecimal format or select it with the color picker.
Main Font Color is the color of the titles and text used on the background of the Theme’s leading color. This allows you to easily change both the background color and the color of the text used on it.
Shadow Color is the color of the shadow used on fonts. If you have dark font on a light background color then a white shadow will look good. If you have white font on darker background then a black shadow will look good.
Horizontal borders that are used in the header and in slideshow (for separation purposes) can be turned off. Just deselect them and the borders will not be shown. Titles in widgets are underlined with a 4px high border. To remove them deselect the parameter Show sidebar widget border.
Shadow opacity defines how transparent the shadow is.
It can be a simple color (be sure to uncheck the Enable Background Image parameter if you wish to use only color).
Check Enable Background Image if you wish to use a custom background pattern instead of a plain color. After you have checked this settings simply click on the background pattern that you wish to use.
If none of the background patterns is suitable you can also upload your own. Simply upload your own pattern and the Theme will override the settings above and use your custom background pattern.
Header and Footer background patterns can also be changed. It can be a color or a pattern. To add more patterns upload them to your Theme’s /images/bg-header folder and they will instantly appear in the admin.
Images for the main slideshow (full width and nivo) are added and edited in this section. Recommended size of the images is 650px X 480px for all Slideshows.
Click on Add New Slide to start adding images to the Slideshow. Now set the title, content text and URL. Image can be uploaded via upload form or simply enter the URL to the image. After you have finished adding the images you can sort them with a convenient drag and drop feature. Simply click on the image tab and drag it to the desired position.
Images are now added and sorted and it is time to set the size and color of the fonts. Simply set the size and color with the color picker.
Background color defines the color of the text holder. Simply pick the desired color with the color picker.
Background transparency is a parameter that defines how transparent is the text holder (0 – invisible, 1 – fully visible).
Border color of text holder defines the color of the thin border around the text holder. If you wish the border to be invisible simply set it to the same color as the text holder.
Transition Time defines how long the animation between images takes on transition. Time is set in miliseconds (default is 1000ms).
Time of Appearance defines how long each image is shown. Time is set in miliseconds (normal value is something between 5000ms and 10000 ms).
You can set all main typography settings in this section. First define the font family, size, color and style of the body font. All body font (content text, links, paragraphs,…) will now use this settings unless specified otherwise in style.css file.
Now define the font family and color for the headings. Sizes are defined for each heading seperately (H1, H2, H3 and H4, H5, H6).
Portfolio Title is the title that appears at the top of your portfolio, just under the menu. Simply enter the title that you wish.
Portfolio Description is the short text that appears at the top of your portfolio, just under the Portfolio Title. Simply enter the title that you wish.
Parameter Number of items to be displayed will set how many portfolio items appear on the page at once.
Social options section allows you to add and edit your social icons. Currently there is support for Facebook, Twitter, Digg, Youtube, Google+ and email. First you need to check which ones you want on your Theme. After that simply enter the links to your social profiles.
This section contains the settings for your contact form. First set the short description that is found under the main title (parameter Contact description under title). Under email address simply enter your valid email address. Error and success messages are there to tell your visitors that email was succesfully sent or if there was an error.
404 ERROR PAGE
This is the page which will show everytime your visitor writes a wrong URL or if simply the page that should be on your website doesn’t exist. Enter the title and description text and you are ready to go.
Footer settings section allows you to enter a short sentence about copyright or some other notice. Here is also the place to enter the Google Analytics code to track your traffic. When you create a Google Analytics account you will get a code that you need to add to your website. Copy and paste it here under the Google Analytics text field.
Theme allows you to translate all the main aspects of the Theme (buttons, social icons,…). Simply enter your translation and save.
SOURCES AND CREDITS
I’ve used the following images, icons or other ressources as listed.
- Template demo images licensed from Photodune for preview usage. Please do not attempt to rip the images from the preview!
- Slideshows and some effects were inspired by Tympanus
- Google Web Fonts
- Nivo Slider by dev7studios
- Icons by icons.mysitemyway
- Added the ability to hide the notification bar in Admin Panel
- Added the ability to hide the social icons widget in footer in Admin Panel
- Fixed the paragraph bug in visual editor for Posts, Pages and Portfolios
- Added the date color for default WordPress Calendar
- Fixed a bug that occured in the main menu if it was without description text
- Fixed some issues with animations on front page
- Fixed paddings for default WordPress menu Widget
- Fixed the appearence of apostrophe in notification text under Slideshow
- Fixed the alignments of comments under posts
22.3.2012 – v1.02
- fixed the transition between last and first image on full width Slideshow
- dynamic height adjustment on home recent posts / portfolio items according to the amount of text
- lightbox added to all images in posts and pages
- fixed a bug in contact page where unwated character “/” appeared when adding an apostrophe
- fixed the navigation bug that was caused by certain plugins
27.3.2012 – v.1.03
- Fixed a bug when some people couldn’t see the Admin properly
- Fixed a bug when full width slideshow didn’t work if it didn’t have a description
- You can now have full titles on home page recent posts / portfolio items (it will go to next line and adjust the height of the box accordingly)
- Fixed a bug with lightbox at default WordPress Gallery where it would show duplicate captions.
- Adjusted some heading’s line height
- Fixed a bug with the second text caption on full width slideshow (you can now properly set the background)
- Titles in related posts widget are no longer truncated
For support please visit our support portal and register as described above.