WordPress Theme of the week: Gala
Gala is a Mac inspired premium WordPress Theme best suited for an agency or any other company that wishes to showcase their products and services in a fashionable and elegant way.
Slider is custom designed and fits perfectly with the overall design of the Theme. It will adapt to the image size and will scroll the website up or down accordingly. This is a great feature since you do not have to worry about the images height anymore. You can add only images, images + text or just text which increases the usability even further.
Below the slider is the place for quotes and featured products or services. This has become a standard in agency Themes and brings nothing new to the table apart from the clean animation on hover. However, it gets the job done and is designed very well.
The what’s new part below is what I like the most about this Theme. It can feature latest news from Portfolio section, Blog and Twitter. This premium Widget is like a mini Template of it’s own and will always feature your latest posts accross the website.
The portfolio section is designed in the same way as the widget above. Menu is on the left side and featured portfolio items are on the right. It is using the Isotope jquery plugin for sorting which has really become a standard and is being used in most premium WordPress Themes these days.
MAIN FEATURES OF SlideOne WORDPRESS THEME
- Dark, light and minimal skins predesigned and ready to be used
- PSD files are included (individual skins for all major UI elements)
- Translation ready (.pot file included from which you can create .po or .mo files)
- Cross Browser compatible (tested in all major browsers)
- Upload custom logo, favicon and comment avatar
- Unlimited portfolio pages for you to combine
- Google Web Fonts Library support
- Responsive layouts for mobile resolutions
Gala is a premium Agency Theme for WordPress that is definitely worth every penny. It uses all the latest standards and also brings some fresh elements to the table.