15 Colourful WordPress Themes for Blogs and Magazines 2017
You have probably noticed there is a wide spectre of WordPress Themes to choose from and the decision which one to purchase can be time consuming. The easy part is to choose the right category based on what you need. Whether it’s a blog you want to write or you need a complex website for your brand new company, a properly chosen Theme will help you build exactly what you need. From this point on things can get even more complicated. First off you need to ask yourself what parts do you need. If you imagine your site build by blocks, you just have to find the theme that has all the blocks you need. And of course you must not forget how the page looks, it has to pop out of the crowd and a colourful theme is just what makes it stand out. Below is a list of 14 Colourful WordPress Themes for Blogs and Magazines we hope will help you choose the one for your needs.
List of 15 Colourful WordPress Themes for Blogs and Magazines
Whoever is after a viral blog or a website, BoomBox is your option. This multi-purpose magazine WordPress theme is stacked with features. Rearange your content in pretty much whatever way you fancy and make it stand out like no other site does. Add the voting and commenting option and allow visitors to choose their very favorite post. Like they say, “Go viral now!”
- SEO Optimized
- Fully Responsive
- Create your own meme
- Very flexible post-ranking system
- Direct social media sharing
- Customizable layout and design
- Multipurpose badges to grab visitors’ atention
- Tons of available ads placements
- GIF integration
- All social media icons in one place
A stunning and very stylish WordPress blog theme with online shop integration, Wonderblog is everything today’s blogger and online seller needs. You can easily expand your blog by offering products that you prefer or you can sell your very own creations just one click away.
It fits perfectly will all types of bloggers, travel, lifestyle, fashion, food and pretty much every other creative mind.
- Responsive and mobile ready design
- Amazing sliders
- Four different blog post formats
- Variety of custom widgets to choose from
- Social media icons can be added to footer and header
- Full-width page template and Instagram footer feed
- Translation ready
- WooCommerce integration
- Tons of color options will meet your needs
- Extremely easy customization
To make a long story short, Flex Mag is a powerful, yet simple, WordPress theme for everyone who is after a news or magazine style theme. You don’t need to have any coding skills to build a fantastic website that will make it look like it was created by a true professional. And that is exactly how you want to roll.
The theme comes with a ton of exclusive features that will help you customize your website in a way you planned your website would look. It includes all bunch of goodies, like Fly-Out Navigation, 8 different article templates, custom scoreboard and a ton more.
Flex Mag Features:
- 9 different post layouts
- 4 pre-made skins covering sports, entertainment, tech and fashion topics
- Fully responsive, retina ready and SEO optimized
- 800+ Google Fonts and unlimited colors
- Various ad placements
- Custom widgets to present content in the exact way you want it to be shown
- Auto load posts when scrolling aka Infinite Scroll
- Integrate a beautiful store into your website with WooCommerce plugin
- In-depth documentation + lifetime updates
- Popular video player integration
SmartMag is suitable for magazines, blogs, newspapers and review sites. It has a modern and clean design and many amazing features. It is fully responsive and colourful.
- SEO Optimized
- Fully Responsive
- WooCommerce Fully Integrated
- Page Builder
- Multiple Layouts
- Retina Ready (HD)
- RTL (right-to-left)
- Responsive Google Adsense
- Utilizes the power of HTML5 & CSS3.
- Multiple Listing Layouts
- Multiple Homepage Blocks:
- Unique Mega Menus
- Integrated Review System
- 600+ Google Web Fonts are supported.
- Multiple Post Formats: Standard, Image, Gallery, Audio, Video.
- Cross-browser Compatible: Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer 8+.
Valenti is a review magazine theme. Users can easily create a unique page with its exclusive Valenti Drag & Drop Builder. It has a lot of awesome features. You can also use it as a blog, food blog or for a newspaper site. You can make it colourful with background images or custom colours of borders, menu hover covers, review boxes, etc.
- Build your own unique homepage using the exclusive Valenti homepage drag and drop builder (no shortcodes or code required!)
- 4 different modern grid modules (4, 5 & 6 articles + a variation of the 5 grid) to show featured or latest posts.
- Full-width slider to show featured or latest posts.
- Slider to show featured or latest posts above posts loop.
- Offset Option for posts lists to not have duplicate posts appear on the same page.
- Custom Background Images or colors
- Custom general colors (Borders, menu hover colors, review boxes, etc)
- 4 Blog styles for homepages to show the latest posts
- Infinite Scroll Options: All blog styles can use “Normal pagination / Infinite Scroll / Infinite Scroll with Load More Button”
- WooCommerce Integration
Brixton is a unique, modern blog theme, very bold and creative. It is used and loved by hundreds of happy customers. It is easy to use and has a lot of amazing features. Theme’s leading colour can easily be changed with a convenient colour picker, giving you full control of your website’s colours and also have a boxed version with a beautiful background.
- Super fast loading
- Google Web Fonts
- Full width and boxed version
- SEO optimized
- Instagram Feed
- Made for readability
- Creative Design
- Video, Gallery, Audio, Quote, Standard and Link Posts Templates
- Clean and Crisp Design
- CSS3 Features and Animations
- Detailed written help file
- Use your custom logo and favicon icon.
- 7 Post Templates (Standard, video, link, gallery, audio)
Retro Portfolio is a one page theme in a vintage style. Because of its unique design it stands out. It is recently been upgraded so now it is also responsive. You can easily change the colour of any single section, page or blog post thanks to the introduction of a new colour picker.
Retro Portfolio Features:
- It is fully Responsive
- Retina integration for logo and banner
- Home Page customisation (you can easily add, remove and rearrange sections)
- Colour options (you can easily change the colour of any single section, page or blog post thanks to the introduction of a new color picker)
- Google Fonts integration
- New icons
- New responsive slider
- Portfolio gallery
- Anti-spam filter on the contact form
- More CSS, less images
- Completely Translatable
Max Mag is a media and magazine theme. It is responsive and retina ready. It has many great features with no need of any additional plugins. It has a drag-and-drop homepage, 16 custom widgets, secondary feature headlines, SEO friendly and so much more. It is colourful and you can simply change the colours to any shade. One of my favorites in our Colourful WordPress Themes collection.
Max Mag Features:
- Compatible with WordPress 4.5
- SEO Optimized
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Translation-ready (contains .po/.mo files)
- Easy implementation with Google Adsense ads
- No need for any additional plugins
- Custom Theme Options panel
- Custom CSS section in Theme Options so users will not lose changes to CSS when updates are made
- Built in Google Analytics support
- Custom featured slider options
- Optional homepage blog layout
- Two sidebar options: One for the homepage and one for the rest of the site
- Homepage carousel widget that holds as many articles as you’d like
- Mobile/tablet versions use “swipe” navigation for featured slider and carousel
- Easy logo customization
- Responsive Design
- Classic Blog Layout
- Full Width Blog layout also available
- Elegant Full Width Instagram feed in footer
- Post Formats
- Custom About Me Widget
- Custom Facebook Widget
- Custom Social Widget
- Custom Instagram Widget plugin included
- Support for Contact Form 7
- Theme Options Powered by WordPress’ Customizer
- Hide/Show most elements
- Sticky Navigation
- Full Width Page Template
Amory is a modern and lovable WordPress theme. It is designed to focus readers on your content. This theme is perfect for fashion, creative and photography websites. You can change the colour to unlimited variations. This one is one of my favorites in our Colourful WordPress Themes collection.
- Revolution Slider included
- Dedicated Ad Blocks
- Email subscription
- Instagram Feed
- Facebook integration
- Social Media integration
- Smooth Scroll
- Responsive Mode
- Gallery Posts
- Full Page & Fixed width support
- Video embed
- Full Width Pages with Slideshow
- Sidebar Pages with Slideshow
Soledad is a colourful blog theme. It features more than 200 slider and blog combinations. The main colour is a bit too strong, but you can change it to the one that suits you better.
- 200+ Sliders and Blog Combinations
- Fully WordPress Live Customization with 250+ options
- 100% Responsive Design – Look great on all devices
- Real Awesome Gallery with a lot of styles
- Infinite Load More Posts
- 5 Header Styles
- 4 Body Styles
- 3 Sidebar Styles for all pages, posts
- Beautiful Featured Slider With 6 Styles
- 5 Beautiful Article Styles
- Woocommerce Compatible
- Featured Video Background
- 750+ Google font, Typekit font, Any font include
- Flexible Images & Responsive Video
- Various Post Formats
- Sticky Sidebar
Whenever you find yourself in need of a minimal, yet highly customizable, WordPress blog theme, Thyme can be the first one to check out. It features more than 15 home layouts and 5+ slider layouts to choose from and fully personalize your theme. Not to mention, you can get fully creative and pretty much design the exact blog you are after. No matter if you want to be a travel blog, food blog, photography blog, fashion blog or any other, Thyme is perfectly suited for all of them.
- More than 15 home layouts
- Helps you boost your website in search engine rankings
- 6 different blog layouts; classic, grid, list, alternative and more
- Unlimited theme color options
- The code is clean and organized
- Header and footer allow you to add social icons
- 2 slider animation effects; fade and slide
- Useful promo boxes just under the slider
- Social sharing options
- Stunning full-width Instagram feed in the footer
Podcaster is a minimal responsive WordPress theme. With this theme you can manage your podcast and screencast. You can choose between dark or light version with any colour as a highlight.
- Fully responsive theme
- Retina-ready for sharp icons on mobile devices
- Theme options for easy customization
- Parallax scrolling for custom header images
- Sticky Header
- Dark/Light template options
- Color palettes
- Typography: choose between sans-serif (Raleway) and serif (Lora)
- Edit your footer text
- Upload your own logo
- Unique header for your blog
- Display galleries as slideshow or grid
- Create listicles with images, gifs, self-hosted videos and embeds
- Popular, hot and trending lists
- Fancy badges for popular, hot, and trending posts
- Share count visibility threshold – no more “0 shares” messages
- View count visibility threshold – no more “1 view” messages
- Comment count visibility threshold – no more “0 comments” messages
- Maximize Time on Page with “You may also like”, “More from category” and “Don’t miss” sections
- Powerful Social Sharing Buttons
- Quick Ads
- and more
Clipboard is Pinterest inspired WordPress theme. Because of this special design it is full of different colours. It has a lot of styles and options. It is responsive and retina ready. Clipboard is a great addition to your Colourful WordPress Themes collection.
- WordPress LIVE Customizer
- 500+ Google Fonts Buil In
- Extensive Typography Options (h1>h6, buttons & menus)
- Retina Ready
- Responsive (will look great on any device)
- Mobile Sidebar With Sidebar Widgets (tablets > smartphones)
- Easy To Setup Contact Forms
- Optional Google-maps On Contact Page
- Intuitive Sidebars (floating / fixed / hidden)
- Standard / Seamless / Manual pagination
- Self Hosted Video
- Self Hosted Audio
- Supports All Post Formats
We hope you found 14 Colourful WordPress Themes for Blogs and Magazines helpful. And don’t forget what it is important to look for when you are buying a new WordPress theme for your page.